Filter By Category
Generic Name : AMOXICILLIN
Amoxicillin is an antibiotic used to treat several bacterial infections. Some infections which are treated using amoxicillin are ear infection, pneumonia, throat and skin infections. It is majorly given orally and belongs to beta - lactam antibiotics class of drugs. It is safer than penicillin.
- Amoxicillin has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Prescribed dosage:
- Bleeding of adrenal glands
SIDE EFFECTS –
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Skin rash with intense itching
- Patient might suffer from mild hepatitis.
- Patients especially children can suffer from renal dysfunction.
- Lightheadedness can be constantly felt.
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
MILD INTERACTIONS OF AMOXICILLIN ARE:
- Take an allergy test.
- Avoid stress
- Stay hydrated and regular consultation is required
- Do not scratch the rash.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH AMOXICILLIN:
- There is no harm to the fetus while administering the drug.
- Consult doctor before breastfeeding the infant as it may lead to diarrhea in some cases.
- Use with caution in patients consuming cephalosporins.
- Consult doctor in case of prolonged diarrhea.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.