Generic Name : BIOTIN (ORAL) ABSTRACT – Biotin is a type of Vitamin B that is naturally found in...
Biotin is a type of Vitamin B that is naturally found in foods, used for the breakdown of carbohydrates, fats and other materials. This drug treats deficiencies of the particular vitamin that is generally caused by rapid weight loss or long-term tube feeding. This drug is proven to be an effective treatment for seborrhea (in babies), brittle nails, thinning hair, certain types of nerve pain and more. Biotin is a vitamin and herbal supplement.
- Biotin is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Condition of hair/nails may improve within 3-6 months.
- This drug is generally taken as recommended per day, for long durations of time.
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Upset stomach
- Mild skin rash
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
This drug does not have any known interactions with other drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses or conditions such as kidney diseases, stomach surgeries in the past or smoking habits. Dosages may differ based on the severity of conditions.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to the drug itself.
- During pregnancy or nursing, dosage may vary.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- This drug can cause altering of results of certain medical tests. Inform the examiner of drug use prior to a medical examination.