Generic Name : DILTIAZEM ABSTRACT – Cardizem works with the functioning of an antihypertensive to treat hypertensive blood pressure...
Cardizem works with the functioning of an antihypertensive to treat hypertensive blood pressure and heart problems such as chronic stable angina. Classified under the group of drugs ‘Calcium channel blocking agents: Group IV antiarrhythmics’, it is used in combination with various other drugs to relax the muscles of the heart and blood vessels. It is also used to treat angina caused by coronary artery spasms.
- Cardizem is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- The oral tablet, which is the general form of Cardizem, is to be consumed whole.
- There may be other forms of it such as intravenous solution. The strengths and dosages of these other forms can be found in consultation with the doctor.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet – 30mg, 120mg (variations available dependent on brand)
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Swollen glands in the neck
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Changes in voice
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Irregular heartbeats
- Heart flutters
- Liver problems
- Difficulty in breathing
- Rapid weight gain
- Severe nausea
- Abdominal pain
- Discolored urine
- Severe rashes
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Cardizem has major interactions with 140 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Cardizem has moderate interactions with 755 different drugs.
- Provide accurate medical history prior to drug prescription especially in case of liver or kidney disease, or history of congestive heart failure.
- Do not use Cardizem in case of an allergic reaction to the drug, serious heart conditions such as sick sinus syndrome, AV block, low blood pressure or recent heart attacks.
- Discuss diet and exercise plans with the doctor prior to drug prescription. Cardizem is generally combined with healthy routines to bring about efficient results.