Generic Name : CLONAZEPAM ABSTRACT – Clonazepam is a medication drug that is used to treat seizures and anxiety...
Clonazepam is a medication drug that is used to treat seizures and anxiety disorders. Classified as a benzodiapine, this anti-epileptic drug can be used to treat panic disorders, agoraphobia, seizure disorders, absence seizures or even Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, in both adults as well as children. This drug works by altering the imbalanced chemicals in the brain that are responsible for these seizure-related problems.
- Clonazepam is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Drug course generally does not last over 9 weeks.
- Oral tablet is to be consumed whole with one glass of water.
- This drug is not to be shared with other patients.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet – 0.5mg, 1mg, 2mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Problems with memory
- Motor problems
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Worsening seizures
- Sever drowsiness
- Irregular mood swings
- Suicidal thoughts/behavior
- Shallow breathing
- Heart flutters
- Involuntary eye movements
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Clonazepam has major interactions with 26 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Clonazepam has moderate interactions with 367 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of kidney / liver diseases, glaucoma, porphyria, asthmatic conditions, COPD, depression, other mental illnesses or the usage of a narcotic.
- Do not use this medication in case the patient is suffering from narrow-angle glaucoma, severe liver diseases or an allergic reaction to the drug.
- Clonazepam may cause difficulties for a pregnant woman and her child. It is important to consult a doctor in case the need for this drug arises while the patient is pregnant.
- Sharing this drug with another patient is prohibited, unless recommended.
- Avoid alcohol while on drug course.