Generic Name : METHYLPHENIDATE (ORAL) ABSTRACT – Concerta is a drug recommended by psychologists and psychiatrists for the treatment...
Concerta is a drug recommended by psychologists and psychiatrists for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and impulse control problems. This drug is a central nervous stimulant that works by altering the chemicals in the nervous system that contribute to hyperactivity and impulsive behavior.
- Concerta is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Initial dose may vary from maintenance dose.
- This drug is recommended as once in the morning, to avoid insomnia or disturbed sleep.
- It is recommended to consume food or liquids with this drug.
- This tablet is to be consumed whole without being crushed.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Extended release tablets – 18mg, 54mg, 72mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Abnormal amounts of sweating
- Abnormal heart rate
- Increase in blood pressure
- Stomach pain
- Changes in mood
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Uncontrolled tics
- Muscle jerking
- Blurred vision
- Severe heart problems
- Circulatory problems
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Concerta has major interactions with 19 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Concerta has moderate interactions with 84 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor detailed and accurate medical history prior to prescription. Notify especially in case of heart problems, high blood pressure or a history of specific illnesses in the family of the patient – such as depression or other mental health illnesses, motor tics, Tourette’s syndrome, seizures, epilepsy, abnormal brain wave test results or substance abuse.