Generic Name : LOSARTAN ABSTRACT – Cozaar is a medication drug used to treat hypertensive blood pressure, lower the...
Cozaar is a medication drug used to treat hypertensive blood pressure, lower the risk of stroke in patients suffering from heart conditions and even treat patients with type 2 diabetes to reduce the long term damage the liver may take during hypertension. This drug is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist that lowers blood pressure in order to ease the passage of blood flow.
- Cozaar is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
- The oral tablets are generally to be taken only once a day.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet – 25mg, 50mg, 100mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Back pain
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Difficulty in urination
- Tingly feeling
- Irregular heartbeat
- Rapid weight gain
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Cozaar has major interactions with 27 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Cozaar has moderate interactions with 225 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of kidney/liver diseases, congestive heart failure, low-salt diet or an electrolyte imbalance.
- Do not use this drug in case of pregnancy, as Cozaar can fatally harm the mother or the child within.
- Do not nurse while on drug course, as Cozaar may transfer through breast milk and may harm a newborn.
- NSAIDs, lithium or other diuretics may interact with this drug to cause problematic symptoms or worsening of conditions. Notify a doctor of detailed drug history to avoid such interactions.
- Cooperate with frequent blood pressure and urine tests to ensure regular health while on drug course.
- This medication is not to be taken with Aliskiren, especially in case of a kidney illness.
- Avoid alcohol while on drug course.