Generic Name : CLONIDINE (ORAL) ABSTRACT – Clonidine is an antihypertensive anti-adrenergic agent that is used to treat hypertensive...
Clonidine is an antihypertensive anti-adrenergic agent that is used to treat hypertensive blood pressure in individuals. This drug lowers the blood pressure to relax the heart and the circulatory system, so that it may pump slower and with more ease. Some varieties of this drug are used to treat ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Clonidine is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- This medicine is generally taken once in the morning and once a night.
- Swallow the oral tablet whole.
- Transdermal patches are available for this drug.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet – 01.mg, 0.2mg, 0.3mg Epidural infusion – 30mcg/hr, 40mcg/hr
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Loss of appetite
- Dry eyes
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Severe chest pain
- Slow palpitations
- Severe headache
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Sodium oxybate
Clonidine has major interactions with 35 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Clonidine has moderate interactions with 295 different drugs
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of heart conditions, arrhythmia, low blood pressure, pheochromocytoma or kidney problems.
- Do not take this drug in case of an allergy.
- Do not nurse while on drug course, as Clonidine may transfer through breast milk and harm a newborn baby.
- Two variations of Clonidine must not be taken at the same time, as it may cause an overdose or a drug interaction.