Generic Name : CYANOCOBALAMIN ABSTRACT – Vitamin B12 is used to treat in case of B12 deficiency, especially in...
Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12 is used to treat in case of B12 deficiency, especially in people with conditions such as pernicious anemia. This vitamin is important to further cell reproduction, blood formation, protein synthesis, tissue synthesis and general growth. Cyanocobalamin is a manufactured man-made form of Vitamin B12 supplement.
- Cyanocobalamin is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- The injection form of this drug is given through muscle under the skin. Take professional’s guidance before administering.
- In most cases, the course duration is for life. Doses may vary depending on the conditions of the patient.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet – 100mcg (100-1000mcg per month)
- Injection – 1000mcg/mL, 500mcg/0.1mL
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Weight gain
- Mild rashes
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Fluid-build up in or around the lungs
- Irregular heart rate
- Increased urination
- Low potassium
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Arsenic trioxide
Vitamin B12 has no major interactions with any drugs, but has moderate interactions with 2 drugs.
- Provide the doctor with detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of cold/allergy symptoms, kidney/liver disease, folic acid deficiency or the usage of medication for bone marrow.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergic reaction to cobalt.
- Do not use this drug in case of Leber’s disease, as it may lead to serious optic nerve damage.
- Consult a doctor before nursing while on drug course, as Cyanocobalamin may transfer through breast milk and harm a newborn.
- Use disposable needles to avoid infections.
- Avoid large amounts of alcohol while on drug course.