Generic Name : CARBAMIDE PEROXIDE (OTIC) ABSTRACT – Debrox is an otic medication in the form of ear drops....
Debrox is an otic medication in the form of ear drops. It is used to lubricate the ear canal in order to soften ear wax and let it loosen out. This drug is classified as a cerumenolytic.
- Debrox is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- This drug is to be used for no more than 4 days in a row.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Otic liquid (strength) – 6.5%
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Cracking sound within the ear
- Slight but temporary decrease in hearing
- Mild itching
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- New infections developing in the ear
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
There are no drugs that interact with this otic medication. It is still recommended to notify a doctor of all the kinds of medications the patient uses, before prescription.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of recent ear injuries, surgeries performed upon the ear, drainage or bleeding within the ear or swellings around the ear.
- Never use this drug in case of an allergic reaction to Debrox, a hole/rupture in ear drum or infection within the ear.
- This medication needs to be applied into the ear. After doing so, the patient must lie down with the head tilted for a duration of 5 minutes. A bulb syringe may be used with hot water to flush out the ear.
- Avoid other ear drops while using Debrox.
- Keep out of reach of children. These drops are not recommended for children below the age of 12.
- Overdose is not expected to cause harm. In case of the medication being swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.