Generic Name : ENOXAPARIN ABSTRACT – Enoxaparin is a medication drug that is used to treat a blood clot...
Enoxaparin is a medication drug that is used to treat a blood clot condition called deep vein thrombosis. This condition generally furthers blood clots within the lungs and the respiratory system, generally occurring after a severe illness or a serious surgery. This anticoagulant is also used to prevent blood-clot related complications in patients that suffer from severe angina or heart attack. This drug is classified as a heparin.
- Enoxaparin is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug is generally injected subcutaneously, or given as an infusion into a vein.
- Dispose of leftover vials.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Injection – 40mg/0.4mL, 60mg/0.6mL
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Hypersensitivity reaction
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Unusual amounts of bleeding
- Quick bruising
- Bleeding gums
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Internal brain bleeding
- Severe anemia
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Mefenamic acid
Enoxaparin has major interactions with 90 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Enoxaparin has moderate interactions with 76 different drugs.