Generic Name : SACUBITRIL AND VALSARTAN ABSTRACT – Entresto is a combination drug that is used to treat chronic...
Entresto is a combination drug that is used to treat chronic heart failure. This drug is generally given along with other blood pressure medications to prevent worsening of symptoms or sudden death due to heart failure. Entresto is composed of sacubitril (a blood pressure lowering medication that enforces the dilation of blood vessels) and valsartan (an angiotensin II receptor blocker that also prevents vessels from narrowing so as to improve blood flow). This drug is also classified as a Neprilysin inhibitor.
- Entresto is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug can be consumed with/without food.
- This drug is to be taken orally twice a day, doubling in dosage strength after initial dose.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 49mg/51mg, 97mg/103mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Mildly sore throat
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- High levels of potassium
- Difficulty urinating
- Swelling in the feet or the ankle
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Potassium acetate
Entresto has major interactions with 27 different drugs.