Generic Name : ESTRADIOL ORAL ABSTRACT – Estrace medication is used as a female hormone especially by women who...
Estrace medication is used as a female hormone especially by women who want to prevent the symptoms of menopause. Symptoms like dryness in vagina or hot flashes are experienced when the body makes estrogen is less amounts. The drug is also used to prevent bone loss which occurs after menopause. This drug is also available in the form of vaginal cream. Not only this, Estrace is also used in combination with other drugs for treating cancer among men and women.
- Estrace has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult dosages:
Injection- 1 to 5 mg intramuscularly every 3 to 4 weeks
- Oral Tablet- 1 to 2 mg orally once a day
- Topical gel- 1 pump of gel once a day, applied as a thin layer
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Itching or pain of the vagina or genital area
- Thick, white vaginal discharge with mild or no odor
- Weight gain
- Clear or bloody discharge from the nipple
- Decrease in the amount of urine
- Fast heartbeat
- Itching or rashes
- Swelling in the eyelids, face, fingers, lips, hands, feet or lower legs
- Tightness in the chest
- Trouble in breathing at rest
- Trouble in swallowing
- Vaginal bleeding
- Back pain
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Body ache or pain
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Ear congestion
- Loss of voice
- Nasal congestion
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Tranexamic acid
Estrace has major interactions with 7 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Thyroid desiccated
Estrace has moderate interactions with 253 different drugs.