Generic Name : FLUTICASONE INHALATION ABSTRACT – Flovent Inhalation is a corticosteroid that is used to prevent the occurrence...
Flovent Inhalation is a corticosteroid that is used to prevent the occurrence of asthma attacks. Composed of fluticasone and often taken in combination with steroids, Flovent prevents asthmatic attacks by lowering the frequency of substance releases that are considered responsible for inflammations in the body.
- Flovent is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects. Dosage is subject to variation, dependent on condition or approaching surgeries.
- The HFA form of this drug (to be stored with mouthpiece downward) is to be sprayed and inhaled, for the mouth and the lungs. The Diskus form of this drug appears as fluticasone powder to be loaded with blister packs onto an inhaler.
- Dispose of unused medicine 6 weeks/2 months after opening the foil pouch.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Inhalation – Fluticasone Propionate 44ug
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Low fever
- Change in voice
- Upset stomach
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Extreme weakness
- Inflammation of blood vessels
- Liver problems
- Worsening of asthma
- Blurry vision
- Severe nausea and vomiting
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Flovent has major interactions with 26 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Flovent has moderate interactions with 26 different drugs.