Generic Name : FLUCONAZOLE ABSTRACT – Classified as an ‘Azole Antifungal’, Fluconazole is used to treat and prevent fungal...
Classified as an ‘Azole Antifungal’, Fluconazole is used to treat and prevent fungal infections within people that have weak immune systems due to conditions such as bone marrow transplants, chemotherapy or AIDS. This drug can treat fungal infections within various parts of the body, including the mouth and the esophageal tract, the lungs, bladder, genitals as well as within the blood itself.
- Fluconazole is to be taken as directed by the doctors. The dosage of the drug varies dependent on the type and area of infection being treated.
- Vaginal infections require only a single pill.
- This drug can be taken with or without food.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet (also available as powder for oral suspension) – 50mg, 150mg, 400mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Stomach pain
- Variation in gustatory senses
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Body ache
- Irregular palpitations
- Skin rashes
- Easy bleeding
- Loss of appetite
- Liver problems
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Diflucan has major interactions with 116 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Diflucan has moderate interactions with 320 different drugs.