Generic Name : FLUOXETINE ABSTRACT – Fluoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that is used to treat major...
Fluoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that is used to treat major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, bulimia nervosa and even premenstrual dysphoric disorder. As a drug that works by influencing chemicals within the brain that are in imbalance due to mental conditions, Fluoxetine is often used with medications such as Olanzapine to treat manic pression due to bipolar disorder.
- Fluoxetine is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- The delayed-release capsule is to be swallowed whole without crushing or chewing.
- This drug may take up to 4 weeks for symptoms to improve.
- Stopping consumption of this drug suddenly can cause very severe withdrawal symptoms.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Liquid – 20mg / 5mL
- Oral – 90mg, 10mg, 20mg, 40mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Stuffy nose
- Changes in weight
- Lack of sex drive
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Mood changes
- Blurry visions
- High levels of serotonin
- Low levels of sodium in the body
- Stiffness of muscles
- Severe skin reactions
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Fluoxetine has major interactions with 136 different drugs.