Generic Name : Generic Name : LEDIPASVIR AND SOFOBUSVIR ABSTRACT – Harvoni is a combination-antiviral drug that is...
Harvoni is a combination-antiviral drug that is used to treat chronic hepatitis C and certain specific genotypes of hepatitis C. Harvoni is a combination drug composed of sofosbuvir and ledipasvir, both of which are antiviral medications that prevent the multiplication of the hepatitis C virus within the body. This drug can be used to treat chronic hepatitis C in individuals of the minimum age of 12 years old. This drug is often used by patients suffering from HIV/AIDS.
- Harvoni is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug can be taken with/without food at the same time each day for 12-24 weeks.
- Do not stop consuming this drug suddenly, to avoid severe withdrawal symptoms.
- General Adult Dosage available: Oral – 90mg ledipasvir 400mg sofosbuvir
SIDE EFFECTS –
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Slow heartbeats
- Memory problems
- Extreme exhaustion
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Harvoni has major interactions with 19 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Harvoni has moderate interactions with 74 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions such as kidney/liver problems, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B or in case of arrhythmia.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Harvoni itself.
- Inform the doctor of all the drugs being consumed so as to avoid severe drug interactions. Notify especially in case of the use of blood thinners such as warfarin or in case of the consumption of ribavirin.
- This drug by itself may not harm an unborn fetus; but ribavirin can harm a baby severely during pregnancy. Avoid using this drug during this time.
- Do not stop using this drug all of a sudden, to avoid severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not consume this drug within 4 hours after taking an antacid.
- Keep out of reach of children. This drug is not recommended for children under the age of 12, or for individuals that weigh less than 35 kilograms.
- Use various forms of contraception during intercourse, as birth control pills may be rendered ineffective.
- In case of overdose that may be fatal, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.