Generic Name :HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE ABSTRACT – Hydroxychloroquine is used for treating infections caused by mosquitoes which lead to...
Hydroxychloroquine is used for treating infections caused by mosquitoes which lead to malaria. However, the drug is not effective in treating certain kind of malaria like chloroquine-resistant. In addition to this, the drug helps in treating other auto-immune diseases like arthritis, lupus or rheumatoid. The drug falls under the category of medications which are called as Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs (DMARDs). The use of this medication is helpful in preventing skin problems and also swelling in the case of arthritis.
- Hydroxychloroquine has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult and pediatric dosages: Oral Tablet: 400 mg orally on the same day every week
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in breathing
- Irregular heartbeats
- Joint or muscle pain
- Loss of hearing
- Stomach pain
- Swelling in the feet or lower legs
- Tiredness or weakness
- Yellow eyes or skin
- Shakiness and unsteady walk
- Uncontrolled eye movements
Hydroxychloroquine has major interactions with 57 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Hydroxychloroquine has moderate interactions with 262 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to eye problems, blood disorders, diabetes, liver and kidney disease, and various skin problems.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy so activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided.
- Use of this drug show more sensitive symptoms on adults like confusion, drowsiness or constipation.
- This drug makes the skin very sensitive to the sun. So going out in the sun should be avoided
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages as it can have adverse effects on liver.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE:
- Use of Hydroxychloroquine in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- Hydroxychloroquine transfers into breast milk. Preferable precautions must be taken during breast feeding.
- The use of this drug is not effective for treating Rheumatoid Arthritis during pregnancy.
- Use of this medication is not considered safe and effective for a long-term in children.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Generic Name :HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE ABSTRACT – Hydrochlorothiazide falls under the class of drugs called water pills or diuretics and...