Generic Name :TERAZOSIN HYDROCHLORIDE ABSTRACT- Hytrin is used for treating high blood pressure in the body. It helps to...
Hytrin is used for treating high blood pressure in the body. It helps to keep the BP low and thus prevent conditions like heart stroke, kidney disorders, and heart attacks. It works in the body by helping the muscles to relax so as to enhance the blood flow. In addition to this, the drug is also used in men for the treatment of an enlarged prostate. The medicine works by helping the muscles in prostate and bladder to relax which helps to prevent difficulties associated with urinating.
- Hytrin has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult and pediatric dosages: Oral tablet: Initial Dose- 1 mg at bedtime Subsequent dose- 2 mg; 5 mg; 10 mg once daily (as required according to the symptoms)
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of feet or lower legs
- Unusual weakness
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Back or joint pain
- Blurred vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stuffy nose
- Weight gain
- House dust mite allergen extract
- Mixed grass pollens allergen extract
- Ragweed pollen allergen extract
- Sodium oxybate
- Timothy grass pollen allergen extract
Hytrin has major interactions with 6 different drugs. MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF HYTRIN ARE:
Hytrin has moderate interactions with 204 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to low blood pressure, personal history of eye problems like cataract and glaucoma.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy so activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided for at least 12 hours after the first dose.
- Use of this drug show more sensitive symptoms like confusion, drowsiness on adults.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH HYTRIN:
- Use of Hytrin in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- It is not known if Hytrin transfers into breast milk. Preferable precautions must be taken during breast feeding.
- The use of the drug is not at all recommended for patients allergic to terazosin.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.