Generic Name :IBUPROFEN ABSTRACT- IBUPROFEN medication works as a pain reliever in conditions like muscle cramps, headache, dental pain,...
IBUPROFEN medication works as a pain reliever in conditions like muscle cramps, headache, dental pain, menstrual pain, and arthritis. This drug is also helpful in treating mild fever and minor aches which is caused due to flu or common cold. This medicine is a type of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works in the body by blocking certain natural substances that result in inflammation which consequently reduces pain or fever.
- Ibuprofen has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult and pediatric dosages:
Oral Tablet: 400 mg every 4 to 6 hours as required for the relief of pain.
- Abdominal pain
- Sour stomach
- Urination problems
- Bowel movement disorders
- Pale skin
- Unusual bleeding
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Stomach pain
- Bleeding gums
- Chest pain
- Decreased urine output
- Dry mouth
- Increased blood pressure
- Irregular breathing
- Sore throat
- Stomach upset
- Joint pain
Ibu has major interactions with 67 different drugs.
MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF IBU ARE:
Ibu has moderate interactions with 227 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to kidney and liver disease, high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes, stomach problems like bleeding, asthma, abnormal growths in the nose, and anemia.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy so activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided.
- The use of this medication makes the skin sensitive to the sun. So, sunscreen is always recommended to use.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages as it increases the risk of internal bleeding in the stomach.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH IBU:
- Use of Ibu in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- Ibu transfers into breast milk. Preferable precautions must be taken during breast feeding.
- Even a little overdose of this drug can prove fatal to stomach and intestines.
- The use of this drug is not considered safe and effective in children below 2 years of age.
- It is not at all recommended to use this drug immediately after a heart bypass surgery.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.