Generic Name :AZATHIOPRINE ABSTRACT- Imuran is a drug which prevents the body from rejecting a transplanted organ like kidney...
Imuran is a drug which prevents the body from rejecting a transplanted organ like kidney by weakening the immune system. It helps in keeping the organ safe as the active immune system would attack the organ considering it as an invader. It also helps in the treatment of joint problems such as Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Imuran is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- Adult and pediatric dosages: Oral Tablet: 50 mg, 75 mg and 100mg
- Chest pain
- Sore throat
- Back pain
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Stomach cramps
- Weight loss
- Trouble in breathing
Imuran has major interactions with 36 different drugs. MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF IBRANCE ARE:
Imuran has moderate interactions with 244 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions related to liver, kidney and transplant or any other microbial infections as this can give rise to skin cancer.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Imuran itself.
- Do not nurse while on drug course as it can affect the unborn baby.
- Use necessary precautions and birth control measures to prevent pregnancy during the drug course
- Imuran can lead to rare cancers of liver, spleen and bone marrow in individuals with autoimmune disorders, Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Consult the doctor regarding the risks this drug involves.
- Do not change the drug schedule unless doctor advises to.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.