Generic Name :INDOMETHACIN ABSTRACT- Indomethacin is used to treat swelling, pain, shoulder and joint inflexibility caused due to moderate...
Indomethacin is used to treat swelling, pain, shoulder and joint inflexibility caused due to moderate to severe osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, or spondylitis. It is a NSAID (Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug) which is also used to treat muscle and joint pain caused by bursitis or tendinitis.
- Indomethacin is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- Dosages: 25 mg; 50 mg; 75 mg; 25 mg/5 mL; 1 mg; 20 mg and 40 mg
- Stomach pain
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Back pain
- Blood in stools
- Numbness in the hands
- Pale skin
- Dry skin
- Hair loss
Indomethacin has major interactions with 67 different drugs. MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Indomethasin has moderate interactions with 248 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions related to heart, high BP, stomach ulcers, liver or kidney diseases.
- Children below 14 years of age are not recommended to use this drug.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Indomethacin itself or Aspirin.
- Do not nurse while on drug course as it can affect the unborn baby.
- Use necessary precautions and birth control measures to prevent pregnancy during the drug course.
- Indomethacin can increase the chances of fatal heart attack or stroke hence it is not at all recommended before or after heart bypass surgery.
- It can also result in intestinal or stomach bleeding in older adults. Consult doctor on timely basis.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.