Generic Name :PALBOCICLIB ABSTRACT- The medication is used to treat certain kinds of breast cancer. It works as a...
Ibrance is used to treat certain kinds of breast cancer. It works as a chemotherapy drug to prevent the growth of cancer cells in the body. The drug is effectively used in both men and women for the treatment of HR-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer which also has the risk of spreading to other parts of the body. This medicine is given along with a hormonal medicine like letrozole in postmenopausal women.
- Ibrance has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult and pediatric dosages: Oral Tablet: 125 mg capsule once daily
- Body ache
- Ear congestion
- Difficulty in urination
- Sore throat
- Trouble in breathing
- Ulcers in the mouth
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Chest pain
- Yellow fever vaccine
- Zoster vaccine live
Ibrance has major interactions with 65 different drugs. MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF IBRANCE ARE:
- Typhoid vaccine, inactivated
Ibrance has moderate interactions with 215 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to liver and kidney diseases.
- Avoid any type of immunizations or vaccinations while on drug course.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH IBRANCE:
- Use of Ibrance during pregnancy is not recommended at all.
- Both father and mother can have adverse effects on an unborn baby if on medicine course.
- It is not known if Ibrance transfers into breast milk. But breast feeding should be avoided for at least 3 weeks after the last dosage of the drug.
- The medication has a serious effect on the immune system of the body. It increases the risk of severe infections and unusual bleeding.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.