Generic Name :IMIPRAMINE HCL ABSTRACT- The purpose of this drug is to treat depression. It has also been found...
Imipramine drug purpose of this drug is to treat depression. It has also been found helpful in various other therapies like nighttime enuresis among small children. It fights depression by improving mood, boosting diet, energy levels and appetite which generates interest in daily activities. This drug belongs to a class of medications generally called as tricyclic antidepressants. It works in the body by maintaining the balance of various natural substances like neurotransmitters.
- Imipramine has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult and pediatric dosages: Injection solution: 12.5 mg/ml Oral Tablet: 10 mg; 25 mg; 50 mg; 75 mg; 100 mg; 125 mg; 150 mg
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Hearing loss
- Mood swings
- Muscle trembling
- Sore throat
- Stiffness of the limbs
- Trouble sleeping
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Difficulty in having a bowel movement
- Enlargement of the breast
- Peculiar taste
- Reddened skin
- Severe sunburn
- Swelling of the testicles
- Breast soreness
- Painful lymph glands
- Excess milk flow from the breasts
- Arsenic trioxide
Imipramine has major interactions with 113 different drugs. MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF IMIPRAMINE ARE:
Imipramine has moderate interactions with 485 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to kidney and liver problems, heart diseases, breathing disorders, personal history of glaucoma, mental conditions, thyroid disorders, and certain kinds of tumors.
- Use of this drug may result in irregular heart beat rhythm.
- It also has the risk of reducing the level of potassium or magnesium in the body which may cause serious vomiting or even diarrhea.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy and makes the vision blurry. So activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided.
- Use of this drug show more sensitive symptoms on adults like confusion, drowsiness, or constipation.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH IMIPRAMINE:
- Use of Imipramine in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- It is not advised for pregnant women to suddenly stop taking the medicine as it directly affects the mental conditions.
- Imipramine transfers into breast milk. It might have adverse effects on infants.
- Do not use this drug soon after heart attack.
- Consumption of drug is not recommended in children.
- Skin becomes very sensitive to the sun on this drug course. So, tanning booths and sunlamps must be avoided.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.