19 Aug 2019
Generic Name : CRISABOROLE TOPICAL
Eucrisa is a topical agent that is used to treat moderate degrees of eczema in children and adults. This drug is a non-steroidal agent that blocks chemicals and substances within the body that are responsible for the inflammations that occur during eczema. This drug is generally used by patients who suffer from long term atopic dermatitis.
- Eucrisa is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Use this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This ointment is to applied as a thin layer on the affected skin.
- The ointment is generally applied twice a day.
- General dose is 300mg, taken twice or thrice a day. (Dependent on condition.)
- General Adult Dosage available:
Ointment – 20mg in 1g
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Slight pain or stinging on the area of application
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
This drug does not interact with any other drug and is safe for use.
- Do not consume this drug in case of an allergy to Eucrisa itself.
- It may not be safe to nurse while on drug course; it is important to consult a doctor regarding the same.
- Do not consume this drug by mouth, or apply on open wounds or irritated skin. Do rinse with water if this ointment comes in contact with the eyes or the mouth.
- Wash hands before and after application of the drug.
- Keep out of reach of children. This drug is not approved for children under the age of 2.
- In case of accidental oral consumption of the drug, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.