10 Jun 2019
Generic Name : AMPHETAMINE AND DEXTROAMPHETAMINE
Adderall contains central nervous system stimulants – amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which manipulate chemicals in the brain that are responsible for hyperactivity and impulse control. These stimulants enhance attention and concentration, improve listening skills and control behavioural disorders. Adderall is commonly used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Narcolepsy. It belongs to a class of drugs called ‘stimulants’.
- Adderall must be taken as prescribed by doctor
- General dosage is orally ingested; 1-2 capsules of 5mg a day.
- Dosage may be incremented based on conditions, from 3-4 times a day, each dose being 4-6
- Swallow capsules whole.
SIDE EFFECTS –
Diagnosis is usually recommended to –
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Mood fluctuations
- Weight Loss
- Changes in Heart Rate
- Allergic reactions to the drug, that may include – shortness of breath, physical
exhaustion, swelling of facial areas, or hives
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Signs of heart problems – exhaustion, chest pain
- Hallucinations, paranoia
- Numbness, change in color of skin
- Tics, uncontrolled movements
These symptoms may appear as an adverse reaction to the drug such as an allergy or a drug interaction. Use of Adderall may also lead to Serotonin Syndrome. Contact a medical authority as soon as these symptoms are observed
May affect growth rate for children undergoing treatment.
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Adderall has major interactions with at least 43 different drugs.MILD INTERACTIONS OF ADDERALL ARE:
Adderall has moderate interactions with 522 different drugs
- The use of Adderall must only be limited to the prescriptions that a doctor may provide. Being a drug of abuse, Adderall must not be relied upon after the termination of course unless advised otherwise. Patients that are addicted to Adderall must consult their doctors regarding the matter.
- Do not use Adderall in case patient has used an MAO inhibitor in the previous 14 days.
- Inform doctor of medical history in detail before using Adderall.
- Adderall is disallowed to patients with glaucoma, high blood pressure, heart disease or are victim to substance abuse.
- It is crucially important to inform the medical authority about the patient’s medical history. Patients with a history of mental disorders such as depression or bipolar disorder may experience Serotonin Syndrome or aggravated psychosis.
- Inform a medical authority in case of the occurrence of symptoms that signify a heart problem, aggravated psychosis or circulatory problems.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.