13 Jun 2019
Generic Name : LUBIPROSTONE
Amitiza is used in treating severe constipation caused due to unknown causes or opioid-induced . It increases the gastrointestinal motility leading to soft bowel movements.
- Amitiza has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Prescribed dosage: Capsules: 8 mcg, 24 mcg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Skin irritation
- Relief from constipation within 4 weeks of administration.
- Decreases the severity of constipation, abdominal bloating and abdominal discomfort .
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Don’t consume under the age of 18 or use as per the prescription.
- Doctor consultation is required.
- Take all the required tests.
- Do not overdose.
- Consult the doctor in case of hypotension.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.