13 Jun 2019
Generic Name : OLMESARTAN
Benicar is used as a medication for high blood pressure, diabetic kidney disease and in cases of heart failure. It prevents the tightening or constrictions in blood vessels hence lowering the blood pressure. It belongs to angiotensin II receptor antagonist class of drugs.
- Benicar has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Prescribed dosage: Tablet: 5 mg, 20 mg , 40 mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Back pain
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Patient can witness vomiting, regular nausea and weight loss.
- Treatment for long term leads to electrolyte abnormalities and gastrointestinal issues.
- It also results in severe weight loss.
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Insulin Aspart
- Insulin Lispro
MILD INTERACTIONS OF BENICAR ARE:
- Take an allergy test.
- Keep monitoring electrolyte balance and cholesterol levels.
- Regular checkup of blood pressure levels.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH BENICAR:
- Avoid the usage of drug during pregnancy as it has harmful effects on the developing fetus and might result in fetal death.
- Do not administer the drug while breastfeeding, it would weaken the internal system of infant.
- Do not stop the drug abruptly.
- Consult doctor in case of Persistent Angioedema.
- Monitor serum electrolytes levels regularly. In case of disbalance, consult doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.