13 Jun 2019
Generic Name : DICYCLOMINE
Bentyl is antispasmodic drug used for the treatment of intestinal spasms and in urinary incontinence. It possess a bit of anesthetic properties and has a little effect on cardiovascular system. It is also used in treating enterocolitis. It belongs to anticholinergic class of drugs.
- Bentyl has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Prescribed dosage: Tablet: 20 mg Capsule: 10 mg Injection: 10mg/ml Syrup:10mg/5ml
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Dry mouth
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Heart palpitations
- Patient might witness difficulty in urinating.
- Treatment for long term leads to regular heart palpitations.
- Seizures may occur.
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
MILD INTERACTIONS OF BENTYL ARE:
- Take an allergy test.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Stay well hydrated in case of diarrhea.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH BENTYL:
- Avoid administering the drug while breastfeeding the infant as it has potential risk to harm the infant.
- It is safe to use the drug while pregnancy.
- Do not stop the drug abruptly.
- In case of tachyarrhythmia, consult doctor before administration.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.