Filter By Category
Invokana is helpful in controlling blood sugar levels in the body. It helps in controlling diabetes by working on kidneys to reduce the intake of glucose for the bloodstream. The medicine is to be used along with exercise for decreasing the blood sugar levels. The medicine also reduces the risk of cardiovascular attacks especially among adults who have type 2 diabetes. The drug further reduces the worsening of kidney problems. The medication is not to be used to treat patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Invokana has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult and pediatric dosages:
Oral Tablet: 100 mg once daily
- Bladder pain
- Bloody urine
- Decreased frequency and difficult urination
- Discharge from genitals with a strong odor
- Increased thirst
- Itching in the genitals
- Loss of appetite
- Back pain
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pain and redness in the genitals
- Troubled breathing
- Unusual weakness
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Cold sweats
- Dry mouth
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Increased hunger
- Slurred speech
MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF INVOKANA ARE:
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- In case, the medication causes burning, itching, swelling, then immediately see a doctor.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to kidney disease, heart failure, low blood pressure, mineral imbalances, or yeast infections.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy so activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided.
- Use of this drug show more sensitive symptoms on adults like confusion, drowsiness which may increase the risk of falling injuries.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Use of Invokana in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- It is not known if Invokana transfers into breast milk. Preferable precautions must be taken during breast feeding.
- Do not consume the drug if there is a condition of serious kidney disease or a situation of dialysis.
- Use of this medicine increases the risk of amputation if the patient has a history of foot amputations.
- The drug is responsible for causing severe infections in penis or vagina.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.