07 Jun 2019
Bulimia Nervosa is a potential life threatening eating disorder in which people binge secretly, eat large amount of food and try to get rid of it by vomiting out.
- Purging Bulimia Nervosa: Purposely starts vomiting after bingeing or may intake diuretics, enemas to do the same.
- Non – purging Bulimia Nervosa: Finds out other inappropriate methods to compensate binge eating.
- Abusive or traumatic incidence
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Social media influence
- Binging might occur more when professional requirement demands skinny body type
- Emotional issues
- Psychological problem
- Social media
- Artistic pressure
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Improper Bowel Function
- Irregular heart beat
- Cramps in muscle
- Obsession with body weight
- Repeated binge eating
- Physical Test
- Blood Test
- Urine Test
- Psychological Examination
- Behavior Therapy – Dealing with negative thought process of mind to think healthy and positive
- Family based Therapy – To understand the history of the patient
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy – Helps to improve overall personality.
- Medication for Bulimia – Antidepressants like Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, Wellbutrin
- Physical Exercises
- Proper nutrition and diet
- Estimation shows that 3.5% women and 2.0% men are affected with binge eating disorder globally.