ABSTRACT – Salmonella is the type of infection caused by bacteria that affects intestinal tracts. Salmonella bacteria lives in...
Salmonella is the type of infection caused by bacteria that affects intestinal tracts. Salmonella bacteria lives in animals and intestine of humans which gets shed through faeces. The infection is caused majorly due to consumption of contaminated food and water.
- Raw meat, poultry and seafood
- Uncooked eggs
- Lack of cleanliness and hygiene
- Touching infected pets, reptiles and birds and not cleaning later
- Imported fruits and vegetables processed with contaminated water
- Foods contaminated with faeces containing salmonella strains
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blood in stools
- Cramps in muscles
- Bacteremia – Bacteria in blood stream
- Reactive ArthritisDIAGNOSIS –