ABSTRACT – Oral cancer or oral cavity cancer can develop and grow in any part of the mouth on...
Oral cancer or oral cavity cancer can develop and grow in any part of the mouth on the surface of the tongue, lips, under cheeks lining, tonsils, pharynx, hard and soft palate, salivary glands. It is like head and neck cancer and often treated in a similar way.
- The exact cause of mutation is still unknown however mutations in DNA and squamous cell carcinoma can be one of the reason.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Red and white color patches on the lining of the mouth and tongue
- Mouth ulcers or sores
- Bleeding in the mouth
- Swelling and lumps around the mouth
- Inflammation or thickening of the skin
- Ache or pain while swallowing
- Jaw pain or numbness
- Irritation in throat
- Gruffly voice
- Loosened teeth
- Pain in the neck or ear
- Remarkable weight loss