ABSTRACT – Ringworm also known as Tinea corporis, is a contagious fungal infection which appears as red circled rash...
Ringworm also known as Tinea corporis, is a contagious fungal infection which appears as red circled rash with clear skin in the middle and causes itching. Since it has a ring like appearance hence it is named as Ringworm, however there are no actual worms involved.
It is caused by a fungus called dermatophyte that eats keratin and spreads in the following ways:
- Human to human
- Animal to human
- Object to human
- Soil to human
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Red circular skin infection
- Small patches appear on the scalp
- Inflammation and pain
- Hair fall or hair loss around and near patches on the scalp
- Kerion is an inflamed sore with pus
- Raised rashes in the shape of ring
- Redness and burning sensation in skin near the affected area
- Chipped and rough skin