ABSTRACT – Rosacea is a chronic skin condition commonly seen in the fair skinned women. It causes redness and...
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition commonly seen in the fair skinned women. It causes redness and makes blood vessels visible on the face and can also produce small, red and pus-filled bumps sometimes. Although the condition is not curable, it can be still controlled by various treatments. It is a common disease which worsens if left untreated.
- High consumption of spicy food, caffeine and dairy products
- Smoking and alcohol abuse
- Excessive cosmetics application
- Allergy due to sunlight, wind and humidity
- Forceful and exhaustive exercises
- Hereditary factors
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Redness on the face
- Swollen and pus-filled bumps
- Nose inflammation
- Eye conditions like dryness, irritation and reddened eyelids
- Inflamed cheeks
- Rhinophyma: A condition wherein there is tissue buildup around the nose
- Swollen sebaceous glands (inside the nose)