ABSTRACT – Sciatica also known as Sciatic Neuritis, a radiation pain caused by pressure on sciatic nerve. The sciatic...
Sciatica also known as Sciatic Neuritis, a radiation pain caused by pressure on sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the human body. The pain goes from lower back to hips and buttocks, downwards towards each leg. It generally affects one side of body and happens when the herniated disk compresses the specific part of nerve which causes inflammation and pain.
- Herniated (slipped) disk
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis – Contraction of spinal cord in lower back
- Spondylolisthesis – Disk slipping over the vertebra
- Tumors within the spine
- Infection and injury inside spine
- Cauda Equina Syndromes which affects the nerves of spinal cord
- Pre-existing diseases like diabetes
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Mild to sharp pain giving burning or unbearable pain sensation
- Pain in lower lumbar
- Muscle weakness
- Prolonged sitting leads to the pain in back