ABSTRACT – Sty or Hordeolum is a condition caused by red, painful bump close to the edge or outside...
Sty or Hordeolum is a condition caused by red, painful bump close to the edge or outside of the eyelid which may look a pimple. Sties are generally filled with pus. An eyelid contains lots of tiny oil glands around the eyelashes however, dead skin, dirt or oil buildup can block these small holes of glands and let bacteria grow within eyelids which develops sty or stye.
- Infection in oil of eyelids
- Bacterium Staphylococcus
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Red, painful and swelled bump on the eyelid looks like a pimple
- Teary, sore and itchy eyes
- Sensitivity to intense light
- Puffy appearance on the eyelid
- Physical Examination
- Diagnosed through magnifying device to detect the infection