ABSTRACT – Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection that is caused by one celled protozoan (parasite) which travels from...
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection that is caused by one celled protozoan (parasite) which travels from one person to another during sexual intercourse. This condition does not show any symptom in males or females. There is no cure for this condition but treatment can reduce and control the symptoms as it can be life threatening if left untreated.
- One celled protozoan – a type of a parasite
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Foul smell from vagina
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain during urination and sexual intercourse
- Irritation in penis
- Discharge from penis
- Pain in urination and during sexual intercourse
- Rapid Antigen Tests
- Nucleic Acid Amplification
- Biopsy-sample testing of female vaginal fluid or urine in case of males