ABSTRACT – Vasculitis also known as Angiitis and Arteritis is an inflammation in blood vessel walls which results in...
Vasculitis also known as Angiitis and Arteritis is an inflammation in blood vessel walls which results in thickening, weakening, narrowing or scarring of blood vessels. The affected vessels could be arteries, veins and capillaries. This condition can affect the blood flow which can cause damage in different organs or tissues. The condition can be acute or chronic according to the term and severity depending on which it gets treated. Some types do not require any treatment whereas some need medications and treatment to get cured.
- Behcet’s Disease
- Buerger’s Disease
- Churg-Strauss Syndrome
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Granulomatosis With Polyangiitis
- Henoch-Schonlein Purpura
- Kawasaki Disease
- Takayasu’s Arteritis
- Lowered immunity
- Blood cancers
- Immune system diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and scleroderma
- Certain infections like Hepatitis B or C
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Weight loss
- Weakness or numbness in nerves
- Night sweating
- Muscle pain
- Damage in nearby major organs
- Blood clot in blood vessels which might block blood flow
- Vision problems or blindness
- Life threatening conditions like pneumonia and blood infection (Sepsis)
- Blood test
- Urine test
- Imaging tests like CT Scan, MRI and ultrasound
- Corticosteroids and prescribed medications
- Exercise regularly
- Follow healthy diet
- Get vaccinations regularly
- As per the study, risk of getting affected from Vasculitis increases with the increasing age.
- People with age 50 and above are highly prone to get affected.