Generic Name : BENAZEPRIL ABSTRACT – Benazepril is a drug used to treat hypertensive blood pressure conditions by lowering...
Benazepril is a drug used to treat hypertensive blood pressure conditions by lowering it. Lowering blood pressure reduces the risks of heart attacks and strokes. It is classified as an ‘ACE inhibitor’. Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors like Benazepril prevent angiotensin I from being converted into angiotensin II, thus preventing increase in aldosterone secretion. Benazepril is also categorized as an ‘antihypertensive’.
- This drug is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- General dosage available:
Tablet – 5mg, 10mg, 20mg, 40mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
Diagnosis is usually recommended to –
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Allergic reactions such as – hives, rashes, itching, difficulty in breathing, swelling of facial areas
- Severe episodes of dizziness
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Difficulty in urinating
- Irregular palpitations
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Potassium acetate
Benazepril has major interactions with 84 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Benazepril has moderate interactions with 507 different drugs.