Generic Name : BENZTROPINE ABSTRACT – Benztropine is used in treating movement disorders that occur due to certain diseases...
Benztropine is used in treating movement disorders that occur due to certain diseases such as dystonia, tardive dyskinesia and Parkinsonism. It relives the tremors and is useful in alleviating rigidity and bradykinesia. It also controls extrapyramidal disorders caused due to neuroleptic drugs. It is a tropane based dopamine inhibitor type of drug belonging to class Anticholinergic.
- Benztropine has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Prescribed dosage:
Tablet: 2 mg
- Liquid: 1 mg
- Injection: 1mg/1ml
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Dry Mouth
- Blurry Vision
- Urinary Retention
- Sweat Impairment
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Tardive Dyskinesia
- The patient might witness excessive drowsiness.
- Regular heat strokes may occur
- The long term treatment leads to weakening of muscles.
- Extreme weight loss may be observed.