Generic Name : BICALUTAMIDE ABSTRACT – Bicalutamide belongs to the anti-androgens class of drugs used primarily in the treatment...
Bicalutamide belongs to the anti-androgens class of drugs used primarily in the treatment of prostate cancer. It is used in combination with gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) or the removal of testicles surgically. It is also beneficially used for excessive hair growth treatment in in transgender as a procedure of feminine hormone therapy. It should never be consumed by a woman or child.
- Bicalutamide has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Prescribed dosage:
Tablet: 50 mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Dry skin
- Abdominal pain
- Breast tenderness
- Gynecomastia (breast development) in males
- Reduced penile length
- Erectile dysfunction
- Decreased libido
- Elevated liver enzymes
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Interstitial lung disease
- Liver toxicity
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Lung dysfunction
- The patient can witness photosensitivity.
- The patient suffers from sexual dysfunction.
- Treatment for long term leads to severe liver toxicity along with interstitial pneumonitis.
- The angioedema may also occur.