Generic Name : BUPRENORPHINE (IMPLANT) ABSTRACT – Buprenorphine is a narcotic analgesic that is used to curb opioid addiction....
Buprenorphine is a narcotic analgesic that is used to curb opioid addiction. Buprenorphine implants are placed under the skin to control opioid addiction in patients who are at least 16 years old and are using various other forms of anti-addiction medication to cure their condition. This drug is made available to patients only from certain certified pharmacies. Buprenorphine is not to be used as a pain medication.
- Biotin is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Do not take more than is necessary.
- The implant form of this drug is inserted through a needle under the skin as four 1-inch rods. And then covered with two bandages. The second bandage should remain on the skin for the next 3-5 days.
- Apply an ice pack over the area for 40 minutes every 2 hours.
- A precise amount of Buprenorphine reaches into the blood stream through the implants for up to 6 months.
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Hypersensitivity reactions at implant site
- Back pain
- Tooth pain
- Sore throat
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Extreme drowsiness
- Extreme difficulty in breathing
- Blurry vision
- Low levels of cortisol
- Signs of serotonin syndrome
LONG-TERM SIDE EFFECTS-
- Loss of fertility in men and women for unknown durations of time