Generic Name : BUSPIRONE ABSTRACT – Buspirone is a medication drug that is classified as an anxiolytic agent that...
Buspirone is a medication drug that is classified as an anxiolytic agent that is used to treat various symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder – that includes stress, irritability, pounding heartbeats, dizziness and other physiological effects that accompany the feeling of anxiety. As an anti-anxiety medication, this drug influences that balance of chemicals within the brain to bring stability.
- Buspirone is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug is to be taken with/without food regularly. Tablets can be broken into 2 or three medicines to reduce dosage.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 5mg, 10mg, 15mg, 30mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Upset stomach
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Buspirone has major interactions with 85 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Buspirone has moderate interactions with 322 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses or conditions such as kidney/liver diseases.
- Do not consume this drug in case of an allergy to the drug itself.
- Do not use a MAO inhibitor 14 days prior to drug consumption, to avoid lethal interactions.
- Inform the doctor of all the drugs being consumed so as to avoid severe drug interactions.
- In case of the use of another anxiety drug, it may be required for the patient to gradually decrease the dosage of this drug while consuming Buspirone.
- Avoid alcohol and grapefruit so as to reduce the aggravation of side effects.