Generic Name : EXENATIDE ABSTRACT – Bydureon is classified under the drug class ‘Incretin Mimetics’. In combination with appropriate...
Bydureon is classified under the drug class ‘Incretin Mimetics’. In combination with appropriate diet plans and exercise, this drug is proven to be effective in bringing blood sugar levels under control in patients that suffer from type 2 diabetes mellitus. This extended-release injectable medication influences the pancreas to produce insulin more efficiently.
- Bydureon is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug is available as a powder that is to be mixed with proportionate amounts of a diluent.
- This drug is to be administered under the skin immediately after mixing, once in a week at any time of the day.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Extended-release – 2mg (per week)
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Itching / reactions at injection site
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Blisters / sores at injection site
- Swelling in the neck / throat
- Low levels of blood sugar
- Severe kidney problems
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Bydureon has major interactions with 2 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Bydureon has moderate interactions with 302 different drugs.