Generic Name : BICTEGRAVIR ABSTRACT – Biktarvy is an investigational drug which is studied by using in the treatment...
Biktarvy is an investigational drug which is studied by using in the treatment of HIV-1 and HIV-2 infections. It comes in tablet form for oral consumption. The wisest approach is antiretroviral therapy. In this therapy, the drug is administered in virologically suppressed patients for three months without any missing out of dose. It belongs to the Integrase Strand Transfer Inhibitor (INSTI) of drugs.
- Biktarvy has to be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Prescribed dosage:
Tablet: Bictegravir 50 mg, Emtricitabine 200 mg, Tenofovir Alafenamide 25 mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Dry skin
- Abdominal pain
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Elevated hepatic enzymes
- Interstitial nephritis
- Hepatic failure
- Lactic acidosis
- The patient can witness weakening of bones and muscle.
- The patient may acquire infections easily.
- Treatment for long term leads to severe liver toxicity and failure of organs.
- The worse effects may include nephritis.
DRUG INTERACTIONS –