Generic Name : CANDESARTAN ABSTRACT – Candesartan is an antihypertensive, as well as an angiotensin receptor blocker. This drug...
Candesartan is an antihypertensive, as well as an angiotensin receptor blocker. This drug is used to treat juvenile hypertensive blood pressure and in various adults that have suffered heart failure to reduce risks of strokes, heart attack or sudden death due to cardiac arrest / damage. This drug works simply by lowering the blood pressure within the body while affecting circulation and the functions of the heart.
- Candesartan is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug can be consumed with / without food.
- This drug may take up to 4 weeks for blood pressure to come under control.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 16mg (per day as initial dose)
- 8-32mg (per day as maintenance dose)
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Back pain
- Symptoms of cold
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Rapid palpitations
- Unusual muscle pain
- High levels of potassium
- Kidney problems
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Potassium citrate
Candesartan has major interactions with 27 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Candesartan has moderate interactions with 201 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions such as kidney / liver disease, heart conditions, dehydration or in case of a low-salt diet.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Candesartan itself.
- In case of diabetes / kidney problems, do not consume any drug containing Aliskiren while on course with Candesartan.