Generic Name : CEFDINIR ABSTRACT – Cefdinir is an antibiotic drug used to treat infections caused by bacteria, such...
Cefdinir is an antibiotic drug used to treat infections caused by bacteria, such as strep throat, bronchitis, sinusitis and even pneumonia. Classified as a cephalosporin drug, it prevents the growth and spreading of various bacterial infections. This drug is also advertised as Omnicef.
- Cefdinir is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Do not discontinue or start drug course without the explicit instructions of a doctor, even if symptoms improve.
- Dosage may vary from condition to condition. Consult a doctor regarding the strength of the dosage.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet – 300mg (every 12 hours; 10 -15 days) Oral solution (powder) – 125mg/5mL, 250mg/5mL
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Stomach pain
- Vaginal itching
- Vaginal discharge
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Body aches
- Easy bruising
- Discolored discharge
- Difficulty urinating
- Sore throat
- Sore ulcers
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Typhoid vaccines
- Cholera vaccines
Cefdinir has major interactions with 3 drugs
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Aluminium Carbonate
Cefdinir has moderate interactions with 88 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of kidney problems, liver problems and allergic reactions to penicillin, colitis or diabetes.
- As the oral solution of this drug contains sucrose, speak with the doctor regarding strength of dosage in case of diabetic conditions.
- Provide detailed drug history prior to prescription. Do not administer Cefdinir in case the patient has allergies to antibiotics or other cephalosporins.
- Avoid taking antacids while on drug course as this may lead to a problematic reaction.