Generic Name : CLOPIDOGREL ABSTRACT – Clopidogrel is a medication drug that is used to lower the risks of...
Clopidogrel is a medication drug that is used to lower the risks of strokes, angina or severe heart attacks, especially after a heart bypass surgery. It is also used to avoid the risk of circulatory problems as well. It is classified as a platelet aggression inhibitor.
- Clopidogrel is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Dosage varies depending on the condition.
- In certain cases, this drug is taken in combination with aspirin. Consult a doctor regarding the amount of aspirin required to be taken.
- Medication use is not to be stopped even in case of bleeding, unless recommended by the doctor.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet – 75mg, 300mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Chest pain
- Easy bleeding, collection of blood under skin
- Dark bruises
- Itching or pain
- Red/purple spots of varying sizes
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Discolored stools
- Peeling of skin
- Bloody urine
- Sore throat
- Ulcers in the mouth
- Sudden weakness
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Clopidogrel has major interactions with 50 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Clopidogrel has moderate interactions with 113 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of a history of ulcers within the stomach or a bleeding disorder.
- Do not consume this drug in case you are suffering from an internal bleeding within the brain or the stomach; or in case of any active bleeding.
- A blood test needs to be conducted before making sure that Clopidogrel is compatible with the patient’s genetic make-up, as it is less effective for some patients.