Generic Name : CYCLOBENZAPRINE ABSTRACT – Cyclobenzaprine is a skeletal muscle relaxant used to treat pain and injury associated...
Cyclobenzaprine is a skeletal muscle relaxant used to treat pain and injury associated with the patient’s skeletal muscles. This drug works by blocking out nerve impulses sent to the brain from the source of pain or injury. This drug is to be used in combination with physical rest, exercise and physiotherapy.
- Cyclobenzaprine is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- The oral capsule is to be consumed whole.
- The course for this drug lasts for 2-3 weeks.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet – 10mg, 15mg, 30mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Blurry vision
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Irregular heartbeats
- Chest pain
- Jaw pain
- Mental depression
- Difficulty in urination
- Slurred speech
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Cyclobenzaprine has major interactions with 75 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Cyclobenzaprine has moderate interactions with 278 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of liver disease, glaucoma, thyroid, prostate issues or problems with urination.
- Do not use this drug in case of hyperthyroidism, congestive heart failure or any heart condition that may have recently taken place.
- This drug is not to be consumed in case of the usage of an MAO inhibitor within the 14 days prior to the consumption of Cyclobenzaprine.
- Consult a doctor with regards to consumption of Cyclobenzaprine while nursing, as this drug may pose a danger to the newborn child.