Generic Name : DULOXETINE ABSTRACT – Cymbalta is an important medication used in psychiatry, to treat major depressive disorder,...
Cymbalta is an important medication used in psychiatry, to treat major depressive disorder, general anxiety disorder, pain caused by nerve damaged in diabetics and even fibromyalgia. Cymbalta attempts to undo the imbalance within the brains of people that suffer from mental health issues. This drug is classified as a ‘serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor’.
- Cymbalta is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- The drug is generally taken once a day. (With the general dosage being 30mg)
- The oral capsule is to be consumed whole without being crushed, with/without food.
- This drug generally takes 2-4 weeks for the symptoms to wear off; but the use of this drug must not be terminated unless recommended as such.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral capsule – 20mg, 30mg, 60mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Excessive sweating
- Weight loss
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Loss of vision
- Unusual bleeding
- Difficulty in urination
- Episodes of mania
- Upper stomach pain
- Severe skin reactions
- Severe headaches
- Slurred speech
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Cymbalta has major interactions with 97 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Cymbalta has moderate interactions with 414 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of seizures, epilepsies, blood clot disorders, narrow-angle glaucoma, diabetes, difficulty in urination, bipolar disorder, drug addiction of thoughts of suicide.
- Do not consume this drug in case of an allergy to the drug itself.